- After completing high school, studied at the polytechnical institute in St.Peterburg.
- 1916 - enrolls in the Czarist Russian military, is assigned to the aviation section.
- Completes theoretical aviation studies in St.Petersburg and flight school in Sevastopole.
- Flies combat missions with a unit in Caucasia.
- 1919 - joins the Latvian military and takes part in the Latgale campaign in an engineering unit.
- 1922 - resigns from military service.
- 1926 - volunteers for military duty and is assigned to the Aviation Regiment.
- June 30, 1927 - Completes his practical flight exams and is certified as a flier. Rank: 1st Lieutenant
- December 1929 - checks out on the new Bristol Bulldog.
- 1929 - on the roster of the 1st Fighter Squadron (at that time, the only fighter squadron), second in Command
to the Squadron Commander Dzenitis.
- January 28, 1930 - Crashes in Ansaldo Balilla #49 at Spilve.
- January 29, 1930 - dies of injuries sustained in the crash. Laid to rest in Bralu Kapi.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts
- Latvijas Kareivis 1927-06-30
- Latvijas Kareivis 1930-01-29
- Latvijas Kareivis 1930-01-30
- Latvijas Kareivis 1930-01-31
Cemetary photo courtesy of B.Rouse.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York