- 1927 - graduates from officer training program.
- September 1, 1929 - promoted to the rank of 1st Lieutenant
- November 8, 1930 - graduates from flight school.
- January, 1938 - Placed in charge of the night flying training program.
- October 1-2, 1938 - participates in the third, and final, "Flight Around Latvia" contest. He flew SV-5 #104, with V.Rinkis as observer,
finishing fourth overall.
- 1939 - on the roster of the Regiment Aviation School as a flight instructor.
- June 12, 1939 - while continuing his role as a flight instructor, he is also designated with the status of "combat pilot".
- May 20, 1940 - begins using the ex-Polish training aircraft to prepare new pilots.
- June 17, 1940 - on the date of the Soviet occupation, Grants was training "Group 2" in the flight school.
- 1944 - dies while fighting the Soviets (in the infantry) near Volkova. Rank: Captain
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1970 No.3 pg. 17
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.1 pg. 32
- Sparnota Latvija, No.53 (Nov 1938) pg.684, 686, 687, 689, 690, 692
- Sparnota Latvija, No.60 (June 1939) pg.224
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York