- 1902, Sept.30 - Born in Bolderaja
- Initially enlisted in the infantry
- 1927 - Transfers to the Aviation Regiment, enrolls in flight school.
- Upon graduation, assigned to the Naval Aviation unit at Liepaja.
- 1934 - Logs 13 hours, 15 minutes flying with the Naval Aviation unit.
- 1936 - Participates in the flight around Europe.
- June 7, 1939 - As part of the Aviation Regiment's 20th anniversary, he is awarded the Award of Honour I. Class (with swords).
- During Soviet occupation, escaped (with an aircraft) to the German/Latvian side of the front.
- 1944 - (German occupation) Assigned to the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland after being retrained for night flying operations.
- Earned the German Iron Cross, first class.
- 1945 - among the last to escape the Soviet advance by land, travelling with his unit
(and his family) to Koenigsberg. He continued in German military service until the
surrender, but his family moved on to Mecklenburg.
- After the war he briefly served as the DP Camp Commander in Libeck
- 1947 - emigrated to Sweden
- Was employed by the SKF ball bearing manufacturer until his retirement.
- 2011 - passed away
- April, 2011, buried, Rigas Lielie meza kapi.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979 No.1 pg. 35
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979 No.2 pg. 21
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979 No.3 pg. 7, 13
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979 No.6 pg. 19, 23
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1980 No.1 pg. 37
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1982, No.6
- Latvian Air Force 1918-1940 (Insignia Magazine) pg.26
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York