- 1936 - graduates from flight school.
- March 23, 1937 - transferred to the 8th Reconnaissance (Naval) Squadron.
- June 1937 - is checked out on the hydroplane variant of the Svenska Pirat.
- June 18, 1937 - crashed Svenska Pirat #24 due to an engine failure.
- July 28, 1938 - experiences a mechanical failure while flying a Martinsyde ADC-1 and escapes with his life by taking to his parachute.
- October 1938 - appears on the roster of the 1st Fighter Squadron, flying Gloster Gladiators (Rank: Sargeant)
- October 1943 - (German occupation) As a member of the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland he graduates from the
flight school in Liepaja-Grobini and is assigned to the 1st Squadron. (Rank: Lieutenant) By the time the Squadron was
disbanded in October, 1944 he and 1st Lt. Janis Maisins shared the NSG 12 record for the most combat flights completed (nearly 150).
- After the war, Gudermanis emigrated to the USA.
- Died: March 19, 1998
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Hazners & Berzins (ed) Latviesu Karavirs Otra Pasaules Kara Laika, Vol.7 pg.17, 40
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.1 pg. 35
- Marker photo courtesy of B.Rouse.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York