- March 30, 1920 - Came to Latvian aviation from a German Landeswehr unit. By nationality, he was a Baltic German, and his command of the
languages and insight into the German military was very valuable when the Latvian aviators were scrounging for extra parts and fuel
when the Germans retreated.
- March 10, 1921 - Member of the 1st Squadron, Rank: Lieutenant
- August 20, 1921 - with J.Putnins as pilot, made the first official night flight of Latvian aviation. He made more such flights in June 1922.
- March 24, 1922 - takes part in the operation to resupply German ships locked in the ice in the Gulf of Riga.
- 1936 - completes an Latvian Aero Club refresher course for former military fliers who have let their flight qualifications lapse.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York