- June, 1919 - volunteers for the Latvian army and, shortly thereafter, is transferred to the newly-formed Aviation Park.
- December 1920 - graduates, as a pilot, from flight school Rank: Corporal
- Assigned to the Artillery Spotting Squadron.
- August 7, 1921 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Member of the Order of the Three Stars, 5th Class.
- 1930 - promoted to the rank of Staff Sargeant.
- December 8, 1930 - represented the Aviation Regiment NCOs at the funeral of Sgt.Peteris Lodzins.
- July 1934 - surpasses 1000 career hours of flight time, a rare achievement in the Latvian Aviation Regiment. In the
published article noting the event it was stated that, over all those many years flying old and unreliable aircraft, many recycled
from the First World War, he often had to make forced landings due to mechanical failure. Jakobsons apparently had a
special talent for making such landings without damaging the aircraft, which was generally regarded as a hallmark of
superior flying skill.
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis December 9, 1930.
- Latvijas Kareivis August 1, 1934.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York