- Cousin of Voldemars Jakubovs.
- November 28, 1919 - joins the Aviation Park.
- May 17, 1923 - began flight school
- 1924 - graduated from flight school, assigned to the naval aviation section.
- 1924 - checks out on the Savoia S.16 flying boats.
- 1926 - Rank: bocmanis (Boatswain)
- September 4, 1926 - flies Savoia S.16 #3.
- September 11, 1926 - injured when crashes (while flying as a passenger) in Savoia #3.
- October 7, 1926 - ferries the new Fiat CR.1 from Riga to the airfield at Liepaja.
- March 4, 1927 - with observer E.Strauja crashes IVL A.22 #13 near Sarnati.
- December 1929 - checks out on the new Bristol Bulldogs.
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June 23, 1931 - Naval fighter squadron is disbanded. Jakubovs transfers to the Aviation Regiment's 2nd Fighter Squadron.
- 1933 - Promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.
- September 9, 1934 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- employed as a pilot with the "Latvijas Gaisa Satiksmes Akciju Sabiedriba". (early German-Latvian airline)
- April 5, 1937 - June 28, 1939 - Head of the Jelgava glider school.
- July 9, 1939 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- August 6, 1939 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Venstpils.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- R.Gulbis' log book
- Latvijas Kareivis May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis Sept.11, 1934
- Sparnota Latvija, No.34 (Apr 1937) pg.122
- Sparnota Latvija, No.62 (Aug 1939) pg.271, 272
- Sturtivant & Page The DH4/DH9 File pg. 265, 267
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York