- August 28, 1928 - promoted to the rank of Captain.
- 1929 - graduates from flight school.
- 1931 - Captain Kadikis, serving with the 1st Reconnaissance Squadron, is responsible for training the Squadron's flying personnel
in the correct use of a parachute.
- May 27, 1931 - crashes, in DH9A #68.
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June 5, 1932 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Served as officer responsible for aircraft fuel acquisition / storage / distribution.
- September 1939 - Flight Commander in the 5th Reconnaissance Squadron, based in Riga. Rank: Lt.Capt
- October 26, 1939 - attains full "Combat Pilot" status
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - Kadikis is required to serve with the Latvian "Gulbene" Squadron of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - during a communist indoctrination meeting, Kadikis points out that the instructor was in error on a
technical matter. The rest of the audience found this to be somewhat amusing, but the instructor did not. It is quite likely that this
event contributed to Kadikis selection for deportation on June 14.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - released from service with the Gulbene Squadron.
- June 14, 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - arrested in Riga and deported to Siberia.
- 1942 (Soviet Occupation) - dies, of starvation and illness, in Siberia.
- Aviacijas Svetki (1932) Programma, pg.7, 9
- Aviacijas Svetki (1935) Programma, pg.10, 11
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.1 pg. 17
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.3 pg. 31
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.6 pg. 29
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Sturtivant & Page The DH4/DH9 File pg. 267
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York