- March 10, 1905 - Born, near Valka (Eveles pagasts)
- 1927 - Graduates from Military College, assigned to the 8th Daugavpils Infantry.
- 1930 - enrolls in flight school
- October 15, 1930 - graduates from flight school (observer), and is transferred to the Aviation Regiment.
- Assigned to a Reconnaissance Squadron.
- September 8, 1935 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Earns the Order of Viesturs.
- 1939 - on the roster of the 6th Recon Squadron, based at Gulbene and flying SV-5s. Rank: 1st Lieutenant
- October 6, 1939 - designated with the status of "combat pilot".
- 1940-41 (Soviet Occupation) - Serves in the Latvian Squadron of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps, stationed at
Gulbene and flying SV-5s.
- (German Occupation) - serves in the military police unit at Jekabpils.
- Earns the Iron Cross, 2nd Class.
- Steps on a land mine and loses his foot. Is transported to Germany for treatment and, after the war, settles in Bilefelde.
- April 11, 1987 - Died, in Bad Oeynhausen, Germany.
Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
Kadets No.9 (1980)
Kadets No.10 (1981)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York