- January 8, 1900 - born, in Bartas pag., near Grobini. Completed four years of high school studies.
- October 11, 1919 - called into military service and assigned to the 7th (Siguldas) Infantry. Takes part in
the battles vs. Bermont-Avalov and, in 1920, the fighting in Latgale.
- 1922 - transfers to the Aviation Park and attends the flight school initially studying to be a mechanic. Completes
the program and, for a couple of years, serves in that capacity.
- 1925 - enrolls in flight school, this time for training as a pilot.
- May 23, 1925 - completes his first solo flight (with LVG #27) and graduates from flight school later that same year.
- Assigned to a fighter squadron.
- July 8, 1927 - flies a Sopwith Camel for his first time.
- July 14, 1927 - dies in Sopwith Camel crash at Daugavpils summer base.
- The funeral service was held at the Mara Church and his coffin was transported on an aircraft fuselage
carriage to Meza kapi (Riga), where he was laid to rest. Three aircraft flew as an honor guard above the procession.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvija Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis 1927-07-15
- Latvijas Kareivis 1927-07-16
- Latvijas Kareivis 1927-07-17
- Photo by B.Rouse
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York