- May 3, 1923 - graduates from flight school. Rank: Lieutenant
- October 11, 1923 - on the Reserve Squadron.
- 1924 - Karklins is checked out on the Savoia S.16 flying boat. Rank: 1st Lieutenant
- June 12, 1926 - officially transferred to the naval aviation unit. Rank: Captain
- March 1, 1927 - named commander of the naval aviation reconnaissance unit.
- 1931 - Relieved from command after six people lose their lives in a mid-air collision between aircraft from his unit.
- December 18, 1935 - Karklins requests, and receives, discharge from military service.
- 1939 - with war threatening, Karklins returns to duty to serve with the 7th Reconnaissance (naval) Squadron.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - arrested by the Soviets.
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts, pg. 77
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Prieditis - Latvijas Kara Flote, pg 71, 78
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York