- 1922, June - graduates from Military College, engineering section. (Rank: Lieutenant)
- 1922, October 11 - Transfers to the "Aviacijas Divizions".
- 1925 - after logging 25.75 hours of flight time, Konstants is granted the status of "Combat Pilot".
- 1926 - is involved in an exchange program with the Estonian Air Force, whereby he flies with the Estonians
for awhile and two Estonians (Zeps and Raisevs) practice with a Latvian fighter squadron. While on this exchange,
Konstants flew Estonian DH-9s (with the Puma engine), Gourdou Lesseure GL-22s and Avro trainers.
- 1920 - serves with the long-range reconnaissance squadron, stationed in Krustpils.
- 1928, with Cukurs and Pulins he founds the Latvian Sport Aviation Society, which continued until 1932.
- 1929 - purchases Pulins' "Spriditis II from Herberts Runka. Konstants subsequently wrecked this aircraft
when he caught a wingtip on a post while landing at Krustpils. The engine was later loaned to Sgt.Aleksanders Stumburs who
was attempting to construct a plane of his own.
- 1930 - purchases a six-cylinder Anzani engine from Pulins.
- 1931 - K.Irbitis learns to fly, and Konstants was among the handful of pilots who served as his instructors. On one of their
flights the engine sputtered and neccessitated a forced landing (with a tail wind) in a field near the aerodrome. Irbitis and Konstants escaped
uninjured, but the aircraft propeller was damaged.
- 1931, November 14 - leaves the Aviation Regiment because of failing eyesight. (Rank: 1st Lieutenant).
- 1932 - acquires, and begins rebuilding the damaged "Auseklitis", in which J.Feizaks perished on April 15, 1932.
He installs the six-cylinder Anzani engine, renames the aircraft "Peka-Peka" and continues flying it until 1937.
- 1933, February 27 - Janis Butevics earns the first officially registered glider pilot's license, with Konstants and Cukurs
as his examiners.
- 1934, May 10 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Jelgava.
- During the Soviet Occupation, Konstants (by now retired from the Aviation Regiment) was arrested and deported
Andersons, E. Latvijas Brunotie Speki, pg. 513
Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
Irbitis, Karlis Of Struggle and Flight
Sparnota Latvija, No.41 (Nov 1937) pg.288
Sparnota Latvija, No.59 (May 1939) pg.182
Sparnota Latvija, No.71/72 (May 1940) pg.137, 169
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York