Rigas Valsts Tehnikums
- Initially conscripted to the Legion (i.e., Grenadiers)
- However, by chance met Lt. Cnl. Janis Rucels and immediately joined the Air Force at Liepaja
- Served in the unit's Stabskompanie of this unit, in Latvia, Denmark and Germany
- Finishing the war as a POW in
- Held the rank of Sergeant-Major and received a Kriegsverdienst Kreuz.
Depending on who was doing the recording and where, his name appears as either:
Volfgangs Kozlovskis per Latvian passport or, subsequently, Wolfgang von Koslowski per POW discharge papers.
|Click on a thumbnail to view the picture. Mouse over the either side of the picture and click to navigate or use the left/right arrow keys.|
||Kozlovskis is standing second from the right. The photo was taken at Liepaja, probably in the first half of 1944 – certainly no later as he subsequently acquired a higher rank than shown in the photo.
- Kozlowski family collection. Our sincerest thanks to his son Mark, who provided the photo and information about his father, now 90. [11-May-2013]