- December 23, 1903 - Born, Neretas Kalna muiza.
- Too young for the military, spent WW1 in Russia.
- 1919 - Returned to Latvia.
- 1925 - Graduated from Jekabpils High School, enrolled in Military College.
- 1928 - Graduated from military college, assigned to the 1st Liepaja infantry
- August 28, 1928 - promoted to the rank of Captain Lieutenant.
- 1930 - transfers to the Aviation Regiment.
- 1930, July 25 - as a student pilot he is among the first to fly the new Udet Flamingo trainer.
- 1930, October 15 - graduates from flight school (pilot)
- 1932 - Graduates from flight school (observer). Assigned to the 7th Reconnaissance unit in Krustpils.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1938, December 17-19 - attends the Baltic Aero Club conference in Tallinn, representing the LAK.
- 1939, August 27 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Auce.
- 1939, September - a member of the 5th Recon Squadron, stationed at Spilve.
- 1940 - (Soviet Occupation) Assigned to the Aviation Squadron of the 24th Territorial Corps.
- 1941 - When the Germans attacked the Soviets, he avoided being withdrawn into Soviet
Russia by disappearing in the Lubana woods until the Germans were in place.
- 1942 - Volunteers for the 22nd Daugavas batallion in the Germany military where he served as an officer and commander of two different units.
- Transferred to Grobini to train new aviators for the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland which he joins in March 1944.
His squadron is assigned night bomber duties.
- At the end of the war he was recovering his health in Denmark, then settled in West Germany.
- 1949 - emigrates to Melbourne, Australia.
- 1956 - Moves to Adelaide, Australia.
- 1979 - his recollections of serving with the Luftwaffe are
published in the Daugavas Vanagu Journal (1979 No.1 - 1980 No.1)
- 1982 - his recollections of serving in the Soviet military (Gulbene Squadron)
are published in the Daugavas Vanagu Journal (1982 No.5 - 1983 No.6)
- 1985 - his recollections of partizan activity in the Lubana forest are published in the
Daugavas Vanagu Journal (1985 No.5 - 1986 No.2)
- Sept.24, 1992 - Died, in Adelaide, Australia.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979, No.1
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979, No.1 - 1980 No.1
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1982, No.5 - 1983 No.6
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1984, No.1
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1985, No.5 - 1986 No.2
- Kadets No.20 (1993).
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York