- Serves in the 1st Valmieras Infantry.
- 1934-1935 - graduates from Military College
- December 4, 1939 - completes flight school (observer). Assigned to the Recon unit based at Gulbene.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - serves in the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps, Latvian Squadron based at Gulbene, flying SV5s. When
the Germans attacked the Soviet Union and this unit was withdrawn into the Soviet Union, he flew back with them as passenger in a plane
flown by E.Jekabsons. He continued to fly for the Soviets, advancing to the rank of 1st Lt. and becoming a Squadron's second in command.
- February 27, 1945 - while flying as an observer (with pilot V.Ozolins) their aircraft is shot down in flames in Kurzeme, near
Zebra lake between Dobele and Blidene..
Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.6 pg. 27, 28, 29
Kadets No.7, 1978.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York