- May 21, 1889 - Born, near Valmiera
- Graduated from Terbatas University
- Studies aviation theory at the St.Petersburg polytechnical institute
- Completed Naval Aviators officer school in Baku (in the Caucuses)
- During WW1 he flew seaplanes in the Caspian Sea, later the Baltic (Gulf of Bothnia)
- During the Russian Civil War, he continued to fly, but now for the Reds. He later
defected to the Latvians.
- In peacetime, in Latvia, he was a leader in the educational community, often
representing Latvia in international educational forums.
- After the war he settled in Stuttgart, a professor in the Stuttgart technical high school.
- 1952 - emigrates to Lund, Sweden.
- January 25, 1985 - Died in Lund, Sweden.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1985, No.3
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York