- Born: August 29, 1915 in Talsis
- Graduated from the 13th class of the Latvian Military College.
- 1926 - Graduated from flight school
- 1927, March 1 - completes the advanced flying course.
- 1929, December - his fighter squadron was equipped with Bristol Bulldogs.
- 1931 - attained the rank of officer candidate.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Promoted to rank of lieutenant
- July 11, 1937 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- July 18, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Skrunda.
- August 8, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Krimulda.
- August 29, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festivals at Lutrini and Aizpute.
- 1939 - a member of the 3rd Fighter Squadron, Riga (flying Gloster Gladiators
and Bristol Bulldogs).
- (Soviet Occupation) Arrested and transported to Siberia, where he was forced to remain for many years.
- Died: March 12, 1977 in Riga. His funeral was attended by many mourners, including a number of his comrades from
the aviation regiment.
- Aviacijas Svetki (1935) Programma, pg.11
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts, pg. 80, 121
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1977, No.3
- Jaunais Kurzemnieks July 14, 1937
- Kadets No.9, pg.64
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-04-11
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-09-26
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-11-17
- Loza & Ozolins, Latviesu Lidotaji Vol.2, pg. 81
- Sparnota Latvija, No.33 (Mar 1937) pg.85
- Sparnota Latvija, No.39 (Sep 1937) pg.251, 252
- Sparnota Latvija, No.40 (Oct 1937) pg.276
- Sparnota Latvija, No.41 (Nov 1937) pg.290, 312
- Sparnota Latvija, No.42 (Dec 1937) pg.345
- Sparnota Latvija, No.53 (Nov 1938) pg.684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York