- April 18, 1901 - Born, in Liepaja
- 1919 - Volunteers for the military, joining the "Imanta" regiment serving in Russia.
- 1920 - Returns to Latvia, and joins the Aviation regiment, attending flight school (observer).
- March 1922 - participates (in the observer's seat) in the flights to resupply German ships
trapped in the ice of the Bay of Riga.
- October 15, 1925 - completes his first solo flight (on LVG #27)
- November 4, 1927 - one of the first Latvian pilots to fly the newly-acquired Letov S.16
- 1928 - while serving as a flight instructor on Letov S.16s, he logs 105.37 hours of flight
time, that year's fifth highest total in the entire air service.
- 1929 - studying aviation abroad, he earns his Estonian pilots' license (in addition to his Latvian one).
- Promoted to the rank of Staff Sargeant.
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1930 - the recipient of the Clifford Harmon trophy recognizing the best Latvian aviator of the year.
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- July 26, 1936 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Krustpils.
- As leader of the 48th Glider Aviator Group he oversees the building of the glider "Krustpilietis"
- 1939 - Launics appears on the roster of the 7th Reconnaissance Squadron (based at Krustpils)
with the rank of administrative lieutenant.
- 1942 (German occupation) - serves with the 15th Regiment of the Latvian Legion.
- After the war, Launcis and his spouse emigrated to Sweden and settled in Vaesteraas, some 120 kilometres west of Stockholm.
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1961, No.4
- Latvijas Kareivis May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Sparnota Latvija, No.41 (Nov 1937)
- Sparnota Latvija, No.42 (Dec 1937)
Correspondence with Paul Branke
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York