LEPELS, ALEKSANDRS KARLIS
- Serves with the Auto Tank Regiment.
- April 18, 1921 - transfers to the Aviation Regiment and is assigned to flight school. (Rank: Lieutenant)
- 1922 - graduates from flight school (observer).
- September 26, 1922 - makes his first solo flight.
- 1923 - participates in the Latgale aviation promotion campaign, flying LVG #27 (with passenger R.Kandis).
- October 11, 1923 - Member of the 1st Squadron.
- 1923 - Lepels, now with naval aviation, is flying the Savoia S.16.
- Nov.6, 1931 - dies, with his spouse Nina and four other aviators, in a mid-air collision at Liepaja.
They are both laid to rest at the Liepaja Garrison Cemetary.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Gerbers, Alfreds, Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1992, no. 2 pg. 26-28
- Jaunakas Zinas November 7, 1931, pg.11
- Prieditis, Erichs Eriks Latvijas Kara Flote
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York