- October 11, 1923 - member of the artillery spotting unit.
- 1924 - graduates from flight school
- 1924 - Promoted to rank of 1st Lieutenant
- 1926 - serves as a flight instructor.
- September 1926 - designated as a "combat pilot".
- October 16 - 18, 1926 - participates in the first Latvian goodwill flight (to Tallinn, Estonia)
- December 28, 1927 - meets with other influential members of the Aviation Regiment to discuss the need for new training aircraft.
- August 21, 1928 - noses over Martinsyde ADC.1 #14 while landing.
- December 1929 - checks out in the Bristol Bulldog.
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- August 30 - September 7, 1930 - participates in the goodwill flight around Europe.
- 1931 - checks out on the Fiat CR.1
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1932 - recipient of the Latvian chapter's Clifford Harmon Trophy.
- 1932 (exact date unknown) - Linins flips a Fiat CR.1 upon landing.
- June 5, 1932 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- August 1932 - on the roster of the 2nd Fighter Squadron.
- May 28, 1933 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 16, 1936 - promoted to the rank of Captain.
- May 20, 1936 - named Commander of the 5th Reconnaissance Squadron.
- October, 1938 - still Commander of the 5th Recon Squadron.
- 1939 - responsible for the mechanic's training section of the Aviation Regiment's flight school. Rank: Captain.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - arrested by the Soviets and deported to Siberia, where he subsequently perished due to the harsh conditions.
- Aviacijas Svetki (1932) Programma, pg.7, 9, 22
- Aviacijas Svetki (1935) Programma, pg.11
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Irbitis, K Latvijas Aviacija un tas Pionieri pg. 99
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- Kadets No.5 pg 27, 30
- Latvijas Kareivis, May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- R.Gulbis' log book
- Sparnota Latvija, No.42 (Dec 1937) pg.345
- Sparnota Latvija, No.61 (July 1939) pg.247
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York