MALINS, VOLDEMARS KURTS
- 1914, September 25 - Born near Vestiene, Latvia
- 1935 - Graduated from Jelgava Agricultural School
- Served his Military Obligation with the 7th Sigulda Infantry
- 1936 - Enrolled in military college.
- 1938 - Graduated from military college, assigned to the 12th Bauska Infantry
- 1939 - Joined the Aviation Division and enrolled in Flight School
- 1940 - Under Soviet occupation, served in the 227th Strelnieki, Valka.
- 1941 - when war broke out, he joined the Latvian nationalist partizans
- 1941 - Served with the 16th batallion and was injured while fighting on the Eastern Front.
- 1943 - passed the test to join the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland and was sent to Liepaja for advanced training in night fighting.
- 1943 - While serving with the Night Bomber Squadron, he attained the rank of 1st Lt. and earned the Iron Cross, 2nd class.
- After the war emigrated to Adelaide, Australia where he opened a construction material dealership.
- February 1, 1994 - Died, in Adelaide, Australia.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1974 No.6
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.4 pg. 15, 21
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.5 pg. 22, 72, 73
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.6 pg. 19, 22
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1980 No.1 pg. 33, 34, 35, 37
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1984 No.6
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1994 No.2
- Kadets No.8 (1979)
- Kadets No.21 (1994)
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Bruvelis, Edvins
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York