- Flew with the White Russians in battles against the Bolsheviks.
- 1927 - served as an observer in the Aviation Regiment, with rank of 1st Lieutenant.
- September 21, 1928 - makes his first solo flight (Letov S.16)
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- August 30 - Sept.7, 1930 - Participates in the Goodwill flight around Europe. He flew Letov S.16 #59K with Col. J.Indans flying as his observer.
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June 5, 1932 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 28, 1933 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Sept.9, 1934 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- March 13-14, 1935 - Participates in the aviation promotion flights around Latgale.
- Sept. 8, 1935 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 19, 1936 - passenger in DH9A #1 being flown by S.Babicevs which crashed after failing to reach
sufficient takeoff speed.
- October, 1938 - Commander of the 7th Long-Range Recon Squadron, based at Krustpils. (Rank: Captain)
- September 1939 - Commander of the 4th Fighter Squadron being assembled in Riga.
- After the war, Eriks Mellups emigrated to the USA.
- July 18, 1983 - Died, in the USA.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis, May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Sparnota Latvija No.55, January 1939.
- Marker photo courtesy of B.Rouse.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York