- Graduated from military college in 1939.
- Assigned to the Aviation Division
- His flight school was interrupted by the Soviet occupation, but he
managed to complete flight training in 1940.
- 1940 (Soviet Occupation) Served with the 24th Territorial Aviation Squadron, at Gulbene.
For a description of the activities of this Squadron I recommend Karlis Krastins' excellent
series of articles (written in Latvian) in Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1982 Vol.5 to 1983 Vol.6
- June 13, 1941 - along with many other Latvians serving in the Soviet
military, Milgravis was arrested and transported to Siberia.
- 1955 - Permitted to leave Siberia and return to Riga. After 14 years
in Siberia he never fully recovered his good health.
- Died: February 28, 1974, in Riga. Over 200 mourners, including many of his comrades in aviation, attended the funeral.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1974, No.6
- Kadets No.9, pg.64.
- Kadets No.17 (1990)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York