- October 10, 1922 - Made his first solo flight.
- 1922 - Graduated from flight school (the third graduating class). Rank: Lieutenant
- August 21, 1923 - wrote off Fokker D.VII #4 in a ground collision with Halberstadt #19. Note that other versions of this
event name a different pilot, not Munters.
- October 11, 1923 - Member of the 1st Squadron.
- January 22, 1927 - Commander of the 2nd Divizions Recon Squadron
- Febuary 1927 - Munters and Argalis, with the help of an Italian sample aircraft, build an SVA-10 in the Regiment workshop.
- August 1927 - member of the special commission formed to investigate the cause of Sgt.Lumberg's fatal crash.
- January 3, 1928 - Munters was the first pilot "checked out" on the new Letov S.16
- August 30 - Sept. 7, 1930 - participates in the Goodwill tour of Europe, flying Letov S.16 #55K with observer A.Linins.
- 1930 - logged a total of 123 hours of flying time, the third highest total in the Regiment.
- Commander of the 2nd Reconnaissance Squadron
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1931 - named commander of the 7th Reconnaissance Squadron.
- June 5, 1932 - participated in the Aviation Festival at Spilve.
- 1932 - briefly commander of the new 2nd Fighter Squadron.
- May 28, 1933 - participated in the Aviation Festival at Spilve.
- Sept.9, 1934 - participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 14, 1935 - Replaces Kaneps as Commander of the 1st Divizion Recon Squadron
- September 8, 1935 - participated in the Aviation Festival at Spilve.
- 1938 - Commander of the 7th (long range) Reconnaissance Squadron.
- June 7, 1939 - As part of the Aviation Regiment's 20th anniversary, he is awarded the Viestura Ordenis IV. class (with swords).
- 1939 - (Soviet pre-occupation) Serves as the assistant to A.Argals, the head of the Technical Section of the Aviation Regiment.
- 1940 - (Soviet occupation) - Serves in the aviation unit of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps, in the role of a flight leader.
- May, 1941 - the Soviets release him from the military, declaring him to be unsuitable to serve.
- During the Soviet occupation, Munters was arrested and deported to Siberia, where he perished of starvation in 1942.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1982, Vol. 5, pg.35
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983, Vol. 2, pg.13
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983, Vol. 5, pg.31
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983, Vol. 6, pg.29
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York