- 1927 - graduates from flight school (observer) with rank of Lieutenant.
- August 1, 1928 - completes his first solo flight (in a Letov S.16)
- August 30 - Sept.7, 1930 - flying Letov S.16 #57 participated in the Flight Around Europe, led by Col. J. Indans.
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- March 13-14, 1935 - participated in the Latgale 'show the flag' flights.
- 1939, 1940 - serving as Commander of the 7th Reconnaissance Squadron in Krustpils.
- June 7, 1939 - As part of the Aviation Regiment's 20th anniversary, he is awarded the Viestura Ordenis V.class (with swords).
- July 10, 1943 (German occupation) - serving as an officer commanding an infantry
company, Capt. Pagrods is called into the Luftwaffe to serve as a flight
instructor for Latvian aviators being formed into a night fighter unit.
With this new assignment he is also to take on the rank of Major.
He meets with his troops to say goodbye and then, en route to his
new posting, is shot dead by a sniper near Ustinov.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1973, No.4
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York