PUKSE, OLGERTS BERNHARDS
- February 6, 1899 - Born, in Bolderaja, Latvia
- 1922 - Enrolls in flight school. Rank: Lieutenant
- April 19, 1923 - Makes his first solo flight, then graduates from flight school.
- Served as a flight instructor.
- Through a special arrangement by Minister of Defense Bangerskis, Pukse teaches airplane designer Nikolajs Pulins to fly.
- September 7, 1926 - makes the first test flight of Pulins' "Ikars".
- December 28, 1927 - participates in a flight school conference to discuss the acquisition of new training aircraft. This led to
the acquisition of the Udet Flamingo trainers.
- August 28, 1928 - promoted to the rank of Captain.
- June 5, 1932 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1932 - teaches Karlis Irbitis to fly.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Sept.9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- August 18, 1935 - Pukse test flies the rebuilt "Zilais Putns" (YL-AAQ).
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June 7, 1936 - Commander of the 6th Squadron, based at Gulbene.
- January 1938 - briefly commands the 4th Reconaissance Squadron.
- 1938 - holds an administrative position in the Aviation Regiment Supply Section.
- 1939 - Commander of the Reconnaissance Squadron based at Gulbene.
- 1940-1941 (Soviet Occupation) - serves as a flight leader with the Latvian Squadron of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps, stationed at Gulbene
flying the SV-5s.
- May, 1941 - the Soviets abruptly release him from his post, stating that he is not suitable for military service.
- June 14, 1941 - the Soviets arrest him and deport him to Siberia.
- Eventually, after his leg had to be amputated, he is permitted to return to Latvia.
- August 21, 1977 - Died, in Riga. Over 150 people attended his funeral, including a number from his Aviation Regiment days.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1982 No.5 pg. 25, 26
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1982 No.6 pg. 35, 38
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.2 pg. 12, 13
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.3 pg. 30, 31
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.6 pg. 30
- Kadets No.7 (1978)
- Kadets No.9 (1980) pg.64
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York