- An accomplished musician by trade.
- May 26, 1933 - the first Aizsargu pilot training class begins, Reichmanis is a student under the tutelage of A.Paulovskis.
- 1934 - Graduates from flight school (pilot).
- July 29, 1934 - Reichmanis and Gailitis fly an old Sopwith Strutter from Riga to an international
scout "Jamboree" being held at the Riga seashore, and landing the aircraft on the beach.
- September 8, 1934 - while transferring the old Avro #2 to Lubana, Reichmanis and Teikmanis suffer
two crashes en route.
- July 24, 1935 - At the Kuldiga Aviation Festival, Reichmanis makes his first parachute jump. He eventually
made a total of three such demonstration jumps at Aviation Festivals.
- September, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Ikskile (flying an old Avro).
- 1936 - One of only a handful of pilots confident enough to fly the Gourdou Lesseure on a regular basis.
- 1936 - Commander of the Aizsargu 1st Squadron.
- 1936, July 12 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- 1936 - Receives the award as the best Aizsargu aviator of 1935-36.
- August 12, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 11, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Jelgava.
- 1939 (fall) - Serving in the role of VEF test pilot, he was the first to fly the Irbitis I-15b.
- 1940 (spring) - One of three test pilots who made the early flights of the Irbitis I-16.
- Atputa No.604, May 29, 1936.
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York