- 1927 - graduates from flight school
- 1927 - responding to a cluster of fatal aviation crashes, a commission
examines the causes and solutions. Among the recommendations was a tighter
standard for pilots. A number of pilots were released from their duties
and others, including P.Rucelis, received warnings.
- June 18, 1928 - receives his full pilots' accreditation (end of the standard new
pilot probationary period).
- August 6, 1928 - flies the Letov S.16 for the first time.
- 1929 - logs 190.28 hours of flight time, the second highest in the air force.
- Dec.13, 1929 - along with Egons Juergenssens, dies in the crash of Letov S.16 #52.
- January 4, 1930 - the Riga stock exchange leadership donates 2040 Lats to the families of the two aviators killed in the crash.
- January 7, 1930 (Military Order No.515 (3)) P.Rucelis name is removed from ranks of active Aviation Regiment officers.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 5, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 9, 1930
Photo by B.Rouse
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York