- March 15, 1899 - Born, in Riga.
- Graduated from Business College in Russia.
- 1918 - Volunteered for the Latvian army, cavalry unit.
- Wounded, then transferred to the 12th Daugavpils Infantry.
- Enrolled in Military College.
- Upon graduation, transferred to the Aviation Regiment.
- August 23, 1929 - Graduated from flight school (rank: 1st Lieutenant)
- Specialized in meteorology functions.
- Lecturer at the Aviation School.
- Transferred to the 5th Cesis infantry, then to the armoured tank
regiment, where he was promoted to the rank of Captain.
- Enrolled in the University of Latvia, studied law.
- Awarded the Order of The Three Stars.
- 1940 - when the Soviets demanded military bases, he was assigned the
task of organizing the military transfers, after which he was given his release from the military.
- At the end of the war he escapes to Germany and eventually emigrates to New Providence, USA.
- July 2, 1980 - Died in New Jersey, USA.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1964, No.3
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1981, No.3
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York