- January 4, 1913 - Born, in Kuldiga
- 1938 - Graduates from Military College. Assigned to the 2nd Ventspils infantry.
- 1939 - Transfers to the Aviation Division
- 1940 - Was a member of the last class of pilots, whose training was interruped
by the Soviet invasion.
- 1940 - (Soviet Occupation) Serves in the 24th Territoral Corps, Aviation Squadron.
- June 14, 1941 - Arrested and deported to Siberia. An interesting note - prior to
being arrested he owned a motorcycle. When he was taken away, a unit collaborator was
rewarded with the use of this motorcycle. One cannot help but wonder if he spent most
of his life in Siberia because someone coveted his motorcycle. (This would not be the first case we have heard of
individuals being deported because someone coveting their possessions denounced them to the occupying Soviet authorities.)
- August 1, 1941 - After being transported by boxcar from one temporary base to another
he and the other arrested officers arrive at Krasnojarsk. After being put to work for
a short while, they are transferred further to Dubinka and, finally, to Norilsk.
- After many years, returns to Riga.
- December 13, 1987 - Died, in Riga. Buried in Meza Kapi.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1983 No.3 pg. 31
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1983 No.4 pg. 6
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1983 No.6 pg. 30
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1988, No.3
- Kadets No.8 (1979)
- Kadets No.16 (1989)
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York