- October 8, 1906 - Born, in Jelgava
- 1928 - graduates from military college with a rank of Lieutenant. Assigned to the 3rd Jelgavas infantry.
- April 8, 1930 - transfers to the Aviation Regiment, enrolls in flight school (observer).
- July 25, 1930 - makes his first solo flight.
- July 31, 1930 - Graduates from flight school. Assigned to a Recon Squadron.
- September 1, 1930 - Promoted to the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
- June 13, 1931 - is 'checked out' on the Letov S.16 and is qualified as a combat pilot in that type.
- 1931 - transfers to the 2nd Fighter Squadron.
- 1931 - 1936 - on the roster of the 2nd Fighter Squadron.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 7, 1934 - somersaults Martinsyde ADC.1 #61 when landing.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1934 - Sleiters is one of many pilots who, when attempting a landing with the Fiat CR.1, manages to flip it over on its back.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1936 - Transferred as an aircraft construction specialist to perform quality control of rebuilds and repairs at LKOD.
- 1936 - as LKOD build a copy of the Pirat, Sleiters and B.Grasbergs are responsible for overseeing the work.
- 1937 - Serves as a flight instructor both in the military and the Latvian Aero Club.
- May 7, 1937 - Becomes Chairman of the Latvian Aero Club glider division.
- July 4, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Sloka.
- July 11, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- Crashed his aircraft while pulling a glider near Jelgava.
- October, 1938 - First flight of Sleiters own designed and built sportplane, the IS-1.
- 1939 - on the roster of the 3rd Fighter Squadron, based in Riga and flying Gloster Gladiators and Bristol Bulldogs.
- September 1939 - Sleiters flies his IS-1 to Kaunas for the Baltic sports aircraft competition.
- 1941 - (German occupation) - serves in the Transportation ministry, automobile traffic division
- 1942 - Joined the German military (infantry) and fought the Bolsheviks.
- September 27, 1942 - Dies from a partisan snipers' bullet, near Kovela in White Russia.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Sparnota Latvija No.53, November 1938, pg.692 - 693
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York