- 1927 - graduates from flight school. Rank: 1st lieutenant
- February 14, 1928 - receives full pilot status
- August 23, 1928 - makes his first flight on the Letov S.16
- October 23, 1928 - is checkout and out certifies as 'combat ready' on the Letov S.16
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- Transfers to Naval Aviation section.
- 1934 - logs a total of 18 hours, 25 minutes flight time (naval section)
- September 2, 1935 - checks out on the Fairey Seal.
- May 25, 1936 - with the liquidation of the naval squadron, Steinberg is transferred to the 8th Reconnaissance Squadron.
- Served as commander of the Aizsargu Aviacijas unit in Liepaja.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York