- Learned to fly with the Imperial Russian Air Service.
- During the First World War he served with an aviation unit of the Black Sea Fleet, fighting the Turks and Bulgarians.
- Sept.2, 1924 - elected president of the first Latvian Aero Club.
- Sept. 9, 1924 - in his new role with the Aero Club, he proposes that the club construct its own aeroplanes and announces
a design competition with a closing date of Feb.2, 1925.
- Served as commander of an Aizsargu Aviacija unit.
- 1933 - Leader of the Latvian (sport) Aviation Society.
- October 1933 - writes an lengthy article for "Jaunakas Zinas" about Cukurs' flight to Gambia. To a large extent, he leads
the fundraising drive to pay for a new engine for Cukurs' plane.
- May 17, 1934 - greets Cukurs at Liepaja upon his return from Gambia.
- Andersons, E. Latvijas Brunotie Speki, pg. 512
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- Subota, Sandra Aviacijas Attistiba Latvija, pg. 11
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York