- July 30, 1925 - makes his first solo flight (in LVG #27). Upon completing the flight, he was promoted
in rank from Corporal to Sargeant.
- 1925 - graduates from flight school.
- March 1928 - completes the mandatory pilot skills upgrade program.
- August 15, 1928 - checks out on the Letov S.16 Rank: Warrant Officer
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June 5, 1932 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 9, 1934 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- April 24, 1935 - the first LAK - Riga sport pilot training program begins, with Susters serving as flight instrutor. He continued
in that role for the next few years, graduating the second and third class of trainees as well.
- September 8, 1935 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1936 - serves on a commission to evaluate privately-built "Vanags" and "Kaija" as to their suitablility to be used as trainers.
- July 12, 1936 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- August 16, 1936 - flew the glider tug when he and Pantelejevs took the VEF glider to Krimulda for the Aviation Festival.
- 1939 - serves as a flight instructor in the Latvian Aero Club pilot training program.
- Aviacijas Svetki (1932) Programma, pg.7
- Aviacijas Svetki (1935) Programma, pg.11
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Sparnota Latvija, No.33 (Mar 1937) pg.85
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York