- 1903, July 17 - Born in Limbazi, Latvia
- 1926 - Graduated from Military College
- 1930, October 17 - Graduated from Flight School, served in the Aviation Regiment.
- 1932, June 11 - while passenger in DH9A #4 (Leons Vaiders - pilot) crashed into a vegetable garden without injury.
- 1934, July 8 - while passenger in DH9A #10 (Arturs Ieva - pilot) experienced a heavy nose-over at Batari (near Daugavpils).
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1937 - Secretary of the Latvian Aero Club.
- 1939 - Tirulis is a member of the 6th Reconnaissance Squadron, stationed in Gulbene under the command of kapt. Tomass, and flying SV-5s.
- 1940 - Under Soviet occupation, served in the Latvian air squadron (24. Territorial Group)
- 1941, June 14 - along with many other pilots of the group, he was placed under arrest at the airfield in Gulbene, and subsequently deported to Siberia as "unreliable"
- After living in Siberia for many years, returned to Riga
- 1979, January 24 - Died, in Riga. His funeral was attended by over 150 mourners, many of them comrades
from the Aviation Regiment.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979, No.2
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1983, No.3
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1983, No.6
- The DH.4 / DH.9 File, Ray Sturtivant and Gordon Page
- Kadets No.9, pg. 64
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York