- January 1, 1902 - Born, in Jelgava
- Fought against the Bolsheviks in the Russian Civil war. Was wounded and evacuated to Egypt.
- Joined the "Troika" regiment
- 1921 - Returned to Latvia
- Served in the 9th Rezeknes infantry.
- Transferred to the Aviation Regiment.
- 1926 - graduated from flight school (observer) Rank: 1st Lieutenant
- August 22, 1928 - makes his first solo flight (Letov S.16)
- March 29, 1929 - earned his wings.
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- May 31, 1931 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- served as supervisor of the mechanical (aviation) branch, then as adjutant to the Aviation Regiment commander.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- June, 1935 - Departs as Head of the Regiment Workshops
- Squadron commander in Krustpils (7th Recon Squadron), then Gulbene (6th Recon Squadron, flying SV-5s). Rank: Captain
- May 16, 1936 - promoted to the rank of Captain.
- June 22 - July 6, 1936 - Participates in the goodwill flight around Northern Europe. He was a passenger in Fairey Seal #26, flown by
- Graduated from advanced officer training.
- 1940 - Commander of the 6th Recon Squadron (Gulbene)
- (Soviet occupation) A member of the Latvian aviation squadron at Gulbene.
- 1941 - when the Germans attacked the Soviet Union, Tomass organized the group of 39 Latvians serving in the Gulbene squadron
which chose to escape to the forest to avoid being withdrawn into Russia.
- 1941 (German occupation) Commanded a Police Batallion.
- 1943 - transfers to the Luftwaffe Lettland night bomber squadron.
- Between Latvian and German service he is highly decorated, including the Latvian Order of the Three Stars, Aizsargu medal, and
German Iron Cross, 2nd Class. He ultimately earns the rank of Major.
- After the war he is detained in the Cedelheim POW camp.
- Lives in Zedorf, Germany.
- 1947 - emigrates to England
- 1953 - emigrates to Australia
- July 23, 1960 - Died, in Sydney, Australia
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1960, No.4
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1960, No.5
- Latvijas Kareivis, May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Varpa, Igors Latviesu Karavirs Zem Kaskrusta Karoga
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York