- January 20, 1889 - Born, in Riga.
- Completed his basic education in Riga, then continued his studies in Germany, in the Mitveida technical school, engineering faculty.
- 1913 - joined the Russian army, serving in a telegraph unit at Vilnius.
- During the war, served as commander of the radio/telegraph units in various sectors of the front.
- December, 1915 - transferred to the 5th Aviation Division.
- 1916 - Graduates from Kiev flight school (observer)
- Served in the 5th army air units and was involved in aerial combat near Daugavpils.
- February 26, 1917 - succesfully fights off two German fighter aicraft, for which he was awarded
the Order of St.George, 4th class.
- earned the Stanislaus medal, 3rd class and the Order of St.Anne, 3rd class.
- May 1917 - after the Russian revolution, re-assigned to Sevastopol flight school for pilot training.
- December 9, 1917 - graduates from flight school but, not wishing to serve with the Bolshevik air
units, he deserts and lives in hiding in Petrograd and Moscow.
- June 7, 1918 - returns to Riga, Latvia.
- March 26, 1919 - volunteers for the Latvian Army.
- June 7, 1919 - begins to shape the Latvian air force, and is appointed Aviation Park commander.
- July 20, 1919 - sends a volunteer group of 40 Latvians to overpower the German guards and capture
four aircraft being held on a barge on the Daugava River. These aircraft were then ferried to Spilve and,
after some negotiation, they were able to keep two of them to serve as the Latvians' first two airplanes.
- August 7, 1919 - Valleika and Prieditis test fly Sopwith Strutter (#2341), one of the early aircraft of the new air force.
- October 13, 1919 - Valleika is released from his aviation duties.
- October, 1919 - participates in the 1st Partisan unit, fighting near Riga and also in Zemgale.
- November 8, 1919 - successfully leads a troop of 24 against a force three times as strong (details
of which are provided in the Lacplesis Order citation)
- Fights in Latgale as a member of the 8th Daugavpils infantry.
- 1920 - Awarded the Order of Lacplesis.
- 1920 - transferred to an administrative post in the technical division.
- Nov.1, 1920 - released from the military.
- 1921 - a founder of the Latvian Aeroclub and serves as its first chairman.
- 1921 - Commander of a Squadron in the Aizsargu Aviation.
- 1928 - Awarded the Aizsargu Service cross, Order of Viesturs.
- August 2, 1936 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Rujiena.
- September 6, 1936 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Ikskile.
- August 29, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festivals at Lutrini and Aizpute.
- July 31, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Valka.
- July 23, 1939 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Gulbene.
- May 21, 1939 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Daugavpils.
- June 14, 1941 (Soviet occupation) - arrested and, with his family, sent to Siberia.
- September 16, 1941 - died in Siberia in the Usurlag camp.
- Andersons, E. Latvijas Brunotie Speki, pg. 288, 428
- Ansons et al. Pec Naves Sprieduma… Debesis pg.35
- Antena, Ilze (ed) Lacplesa Kara Ordena Kavalieri pg. 543
- Aviacijas Svetki (1935) Programma, pg.29
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts, pg. 101
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1969 No.2 pg. 13
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1991 No.1 pg. 53
- Humberston, R (ed) Latvian Air Force 1918-1940 pg. 5
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- Jaunais Kurzemnieks 1937-08-31
- Kadets, No.16 (1989) pg.56
- Latvijas Kareivis 1930-06-07
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-05-06
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-08-31
- Latvijas Kareivis 1937-09-04
- Sparnota Latvija, No.24 (Jun 1936) pg.716, 717
- Sparnota Latvija, No.31 (Jan 1937) pg.16
- Sparnota Latvija, No.34 (Apr 1937) pg.118, 119
- Sparnota Latvija, No.36 (Jun 1937) pg.168, 189
- Sparnota Latvija, No.37/38 (Jul/Aug 1937) pg.232
- Sparnota Latvija, No.40 (Oct 1937) pg.267, 271, 273, 274, 277, 278, 280
- Sparnota Latvija, No.42 (Dec 1937) pg.345
- Sparnota Latvija, No.51 (Sept 1938) pg. 633
- Sparnota Latvija, No.52 (Oct 1938) pg. 645, 665
- Sparnota Latvija, No.53 (Nov 1938) pg.684, 685, 691
- Sparnota Latvija, No.55 (Jan 1939) pg.22
- Sparnota Latvija, No.60 (June 1939) pg.192, 197, 215, 216, 217
- Sparnota Latvija, No.65 (Nov 1939) pg.347
- Sparnota Latvija, No.70 (Apr 1940) pg. 111
- Sparnota Latvija, No.71/72 (May 1940) pg.166, 167, 172
- Subota, Sandra Aviacijas Attistiba Latvija, pg. 4, 11