- Dec.13, 1922 - is a founding member of the new naval section of the Aviation Regiment.
- April 21, 1923 - with pilot N.Jevlampjevs he test files and accepts Savoia S.16 #5009.
- Oct.19, 1926 - called to testify in the court martial of N.Jevlampjevs.
- From Sept.15, 1923 to January 1, 1927 Vitolins logged a total of 158 hours flight time, the second highest total in the naval section. (Rank: Captain)
- March 4, 1927 - flying as observer in IVL A.22 (4G 99) with pilot A.Veldrums when the aircraft is destroyed in
a rough forced landing at sea.
- Assumes responsibility for the naval section's supply and inventory.
- November 6, 1931 - dies, along with five others, in a mid-air collision at Liepaja, leaving a wife and 10-year-old child.
Laid to rest in the Bralu Kapi Cemetary, Riga.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Gerbers, Alfreds, Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1992, no. 2 pg. 26-28
- Jaunakas Zinas November 7, 1931, pg.11
- Prieditis, Erichs Eriks Latvijas Kara Flote
- Cemetary photo courtesy of B.Rouse
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York