- 1930 - graduates from flight school.
- August 22, 1937 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Valmiera.
- August 29, 1937 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Koknese.
- August 27, 1939 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Vecauce.
- Sept.1939 - designated for assignment to the 4th Fighter Squadron being formed in Riga. However, until that unit is ready
for pilots he is seconded to serve with the 2nd or 3rd Squadron. The 4th Squadron did not come into being before the occupation.
- Active member of the Aizsargu Aviacija administration.
- 1940 (Soviet occupation). Zalitis is required to serve in the Gulbene squadron - the Latvian aviation unit, part of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps.
While stationed in Gulbene, he was billeted at the Station hotel, with 1st Lt. Austrums as his roommate.
- June 14, 1941 (Soviet occupation). Zalitis is arrested and deported to Norilsk, Siberia.
- 1942 - Zalitis and at least two other Latvian aviation officers are removed from the labour camp and murdered by the Soviets.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1982 No.6 pg. 35
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.3 pg. 31
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.6 pg. 29, 30
- Sparnota Latvija, No.40 (Oct 1937) pg.278, 279
- Sparnota Latvija, No.53 (Nov 1938) pg.690, 691
- Sparnota Latvija, No.60 (June 1939) pg.224
- Sparnota Latvija, No.64 (Oct 1939) pg.322
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York