- November 9, 1896 - born, in Riga. Father's name was Janis, a Lutheran.
- Attended the 1st Riga technical school.
- 1916 - entered the Czarist military, enrolled in military school.
- 1917 - graduates from military school, is assigned to a technical unit.
- 1917 - promoted to commander of a telegraph unit.
- Transfers to the army's automotive section.
- 1918, February - captured and placed in a German POW camp.
- 1918, May - released, and returns to Riga.
- 1918, December - enlists in the Latvian army, assigned to the automotive section.
- 1919, January - automotive section is disbanded, re-assigned to a Liepaja construction unit.
- 1919, May - transfers to the Aviation section, serves as an observer.
- After the battles against Bermont-Avalov, the aviation park personnel was reduced to only include those with
experience and skills which could be used in building the new air force. Ziverts, with the rank of 1st Lt., was retained.
- March 5, 1920, with pilot Vasiljevs he conducted a training reconaissance of the Daugavgrivas region.
- May 19, 1920 - flew in the observer's seat with pilot Blaubergs when transporting DFW C.V #12 from Riga to
Rezekne, where they were to take part in the Latgale battles vs the Bolsheviks.
- May 26, 1920 - with Blaubergs, flew a reconaissance mission in DFW C.V #12 to Sebeza, Drisa and Opocka.
- May 31, 1920 - with Blaubergs, went on a test flight in DFW C.V #12.
- June 14, 1920 - with Blaubergs, went on a test flight in DFW C.V #12.
- July 5, 1920 - with Blaubergs, went on a test flight in DFW C.V #12.
- July 17, 1920 - with Blaubergs, went on a test flight in DFW C.V #12. Evidently the aircraft was still giving problems
because they subsequently flew the aircraft back to Riga/Spilve for repair.
- July 28, 1920 - with Blaubergs as pilot, and additional passenger Rulle, they left Riga in DFW C.V #12 for Rezekne.
The aircraft crashed near Plavinas and all three aviators died.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Sparnota Latvija, No.36 (Jun 1937) pg.171
- Sparnota Latvija, No.60 (June 1939) pg.195
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York