- As a student, joined the Aizsargu Aviacija. He was also actively involved in the glider section of the
Latvian Aero Club.
- April 24, 1935 - is accepted as a member of the first Latvian Aero Club sport pilot course in Riga. He did not
graduate with the class, presumably because of his many other committments at that time.
- 1935 - While still a University student, Delle redesigned the wing of a Grune Post sailplane for a special building
project sponsored by VEF. Later, in this plane (called VEF-1), A.Pantelejevs flew the first aerobatic sailplane loops ever flown in Latvia.
- Delle, himself, went on to become an accomplished sailplane pilot.
- 1936 - Delle is hired by VEF, helping Irbitis with some of the workload during that intenvise development period.
- September 20, 1926 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Madona.
- May 14-22, 1938 - with Karlis Bandenieks as pilot, he flies to Helsinki in a VEF I-12 to attend the Aviation Festival.
- 1938, autumn - a member of the six-member VEF delegation visiting the Aero Salon in Paris, France.
- 1939 - designed a power-driven system for operating the large split flaps on the JDA-10M.
- June, 1939 - the Germans drive the Soviets from Latvia, who left behind a number of snipers to cover the retreat.
Delle, crossing the VEF factory yard, was shot by one of these snipers and died instantly.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Irbitis, Karlis Latvijas Aviacija un tas Pionieri
- Irbitis, Karlis Of Struggle and Flight
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York