- Born: September 14, 1901, in Talsi
- 1917 - voluntarily joined the Russian military, in a cavalry batallion
- Oct.5, 1917 - is wounded in battle and captured by the Germans. He escapes from the POW camp
on four occasions, but was unable to evade recapture.
- Nov.25, 1918 - released from captivity, returns to Riga, Latvia.
- Dec. 3, 1918 - voluntarily joined the Latvian army and participated in battles in Kurzeme, Zemgale and near Riga.
- February 7, 1919 - Distinguished himself in action vs the enemy near Skrunda.
- Assigned to the 2nd Ventspils Infantry
- Assigned to the technical section of the Aviation Division.
- During the Bermont-Avalov battles he serves with the 9th Rezeknes Infantry, in a heavy machine gun unit.
- August 1919 - assigned to the 2nd Squadron as a mechanic. Rank: Corporal.
- March 10, 1920 - released from the military.
- 1923 - builds the first "Spridite" biplane
- 1925 - accepted into military flight school.
- 1926 - Awarded the Order of Lacplesis
- 1926 - Graduates from flight school as a qualified pilot.
- 1926 - Completes the "Ikars 3A" two-seater.
- November 1926 - reportedly receives a lucrative job offer from an aircraft manufacturer in Estonia, which he declines.
- Pulins also acquired his civilian pilot's license - the first issued
in Latvia (with license # 0001).
- 1928 - completes the first privately-constructed hangar in Latvia.
- Died: March 23, 1979 in Sweden.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Kurzemes Vards November 26, 1926
- Lacplesa Kara Ordena Kavalieri Ilze Antena, ed.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York