- Non-flying member of the Aviation Regiment. Rank: Sargeant
- Over the course of a few years in the late 1920s, Stumburs designed and built his own aircraft,
primarily from parts from old aircraft. Stumburs may have been a self-taught pilot, but he did not
hold a Latvian pilots license and, as the project neared completion, there was some concern in the Regiment
about the airplane's airworthiness. Ultimately, on January 20, 1930, the Regiment Commander
Colonel Skurbe ordered that the aircraft was not to be test flown.
- Irbitis, Karlis Of Struggle and Flight
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 21, 1930
- Sparnota Latvija, No.61 (July 1939) pg.247
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York