Source: Fokker (Holland)
Considered: May 1926
- C.5d 2-seat fighter/reconnaissance
- C.5e 2-seat light bomber/reconnaissance
Engine: Bristol Jupiter (400 - 450 hp)
Max Speed: 230 kph
- Length: 9.53 m
- Wing Span: 15.3 / 12.5 m
- Height: 3.30 m
Range: 500 km
Maximum Ceiling: 5500 m
- In late May the Fokker offices must have received an enquiry from the Latvian military, as their records show
prices and particulars quoted:
- C.5, excl. Machine Guns, Machine Gun-ring and motor
- C.5d ƒ 18.360, test flying ƒ 575. Crating, c.i.f.delivery Riga, insurance ƒ 1.907. For 2 a/c in 2 crates.
- C.5e resp. ƒ 19.170, ƒ 575, ƒ 2.116.
- Motor Jupiter 400 hp. Motor and armament are supplied by the client, for equipment models could be provided.
- Crating etc. for one a/c in 2 crates: C.5d ƒ 2.689, C.5e ƒ 3.089.
- The Fokker C.V may have been under consideration during the DH9A or, more likely, the Letov S.16 purchase.
All information in the notes section generously provided by F.Gerdessen
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York