What's New Here - 2004 Archive
- December 2004
- 30th - Added Nov.24,1936 translation from Jaunakas Zinas
to the Cukurs Flight to Tokyo page.
- 28th - Added Nov.21,1936 and May 26, 1937 articles to the Cukurs
Flight to Tokyo page.
- 24th - Added Images to the Udet Flamingo, DH9A and Letov
- 23rd - Added Image to the Gourdou Lesseure page.
- 22nd - Added 30 items to the Chronology pages. Added Nov.21, 1921
and July 1, 1924 events to the "Losses and Incidents" section.
- 21st - Added the biography of Roberts Davids Timermanis.
- 14th - Added Newspaper article about Cukurs' Hong Kong stopover
en route to Tokyo (Historical Flights section).
- 13th - Added Incident Report for May 5, 1940.
- 11th - Added Eduards Balodis, Janis Kirsons, Konrads Nagainis,
Janis Rudzitis and Fricis Zakis to the Biographies section. Added three names
to the "Others" Biographies page.
- 9th - Activated links in 1932, 1933 and 1934 pages. Added Jim
Maas' model of the Gloster Gladiator to the Models section.
- 8th - Activated links in 1928, 1929, 1930 and 1931 pages.
- 7th - Added Incident Reports for Sept.2, 1933, Sept.8, 1934,
October 15, 1935, August 16, 1936 and October 16, 1938 to the Losses/Incidents
- 6th - Added Images to the Caudron, Hanriot, Svenska HE-4
and Savoia files. Added Incidents for March 23, 1927, Nov.24,1928 and a
detailed report on the loss of I-12 #17 on May 17, 1938. Added 25 items to the
- 5th - Added Profiles from Arvo Vercamer for YL-AAH and
YL-AAI in the Civil Registry section. Added J.Alksnis to the biographies page.
- 4th - NOTE: I'm back with a mostly new computer. Will begin
adding items today.
Added Image to the Nov.4,1935 Incident. Added
Emils Briedis to the Aviators Biographies section. Added Images to the
Ansaldo Balilla, Gloster Gladiator, Udet Flamingo and VEF I-12 pages.
- November 2004
- 28th - NOTE: I have experienced major computer problems. All data
and photos are backed up and safe, but my system has become unstable. I am
getting it fixed and should be adding more material to the web page shortly.
- 21st - Added Images to the VEF Irbitis I-12 and IVL A-22
pages. Activated links in 1926 and 1927 pages. Added incidents of August 6 and
August 18, 1927 to the Incidents/Losses section.
- 20th - Activated links in 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924 and 1925 pages.
- 18th - Activated links in pre-1919, 1919 and 1920 pages.
- 16th - Added profiles to J.D.Akermanis' bio.
- 12th - Added 10 more profiles generously provided by Arvo
- 10th - Added 22 more profiles by Arvo Vercamer.
- 8th - Added 17 Colour profiles by Arvo Vercamer (added to various
- 7th - Added Sept.30,1938 item to the Events page. Added image to
the Jevlampjevs biography page.
- 6th - Added T.Gailitis, E.Mellups and F.Tramdachs to the
- 5th - Added K.Reichmanis to the Biographies page. Updated the
Hanriot 17, Svenska Pirat, Fiat CR.1 and Caudron C60 pages. Created a page in
the Naval section for the Svenska S.IIa (He-4).
- 4th - Added Images to the LKOD-2 page.
- October 2004
- 30th - Added Images to the Fairey Seal and Gloster
- 27th - Added Images to the Gliders page.
- 26th - Began work on the "Gliders" page.
- 25th - Added Riga/Spilve 1938 Aviation Festival, and July 31,
1938 item to the Events page. Added Image to the Albatros B.II page, and
upgraded the image on J.Rucels' Bio page. Added Graf Zeppelin flight over Riga
in 1930 to the Events page.
- 24th - Added 1938 Aviation Festivals for Liepaja, Ventspils,
Valka, Rujiena and Skrunda. Added Images to the KOD-1, KOD-2 and Gloster
- 23rd - Added 1938 Aviation Festivals for Matisi, Smiltene,
Jelgava and Koknese. Added the Polish aviators visit of 1938 to the Events
- 22nd - Added Gerry Hill's photo of Spilve.
- 21st - Added 20 items to the Chronologies.
- 18th - Added A.Valleika to the Biographies page.
- 17th - Added Images of Spilve as it appears to day,
provided by Peter Bakema.
- 16th - Added F.Launics to the Biographies page.
- 15th - Added Image of YL-AAQ in the Civil Register. Added
Spilve Air Festival 1935.
- 14th - Added Images to the Nieuport 24bis page. Added
Spilve Air Festivals 1932 and 1933. Added LOT Airline add to the Civil
- 13th - Added R.Celmins and R.Gulbis to the Biographis page.
Updated Ventspils, Spilve and Liepaja aerodrome pages.
- 12th - Added page three (10 images) to the "Who Are These Guys?"
- 11th - [Happy Thanksgiving!] Added the 1938 "Flight Around
Latvia" to the Historic Flights section.
- 10th - Added H.Pakulis and I.Sleiters to the Biographies page.
Added Aviation Festivals for Bauska, Lutrini, Madliena and Cesis, all in 1938.
- 9th - Added 43 items to the Post-1940 Chronology page. Added
E.Bekmanis to the Biographies.
- 8th - Completed the Bekmanis Album.
- 7th - Two more pages for the Bekmanis Album.
- 6th - Began uploading the Edvins Bekmanis Album - first two
chapters so far.
- 5th - Added a page for the Svenska Aero Pirat (naval), Added
Images to the LKOD-1 page.
- 4th - Added Images to the SV5 and VEF I-12 files, and to
YL-ABH and YL-ACA on the Civil Register page.
- 3rd - Added V.Ozolins to the Biographies page.
- 2nd - Added 74 items to the Chronology pages. Added Aviation
Festivals for Krimulda, Bauska, Sloka, Lutrini, Madona, Liezere and Ikskile
(all 1936). Added A.Mencis to the Aviator's Bios page.
- 1st - Added names to the Others-Bios page. Added V.Svans to the
Aviators' Bios page.
- September 2004
- 29th - Added Aviation Festivals for Rujiena, Valmiera, , Skrunda,
Ventspils, Liepaja, Kuldiga, Tukums, Matisi, Krustpils and Spilve (all 1936).
Added Events dated June 6, 1936 and Aug. 8, 1936. Added 49 items to the
- 28th - Added Image to the LKOD-1 page.
- 27th - Added Ventspils to the Aerodromes Section.
- 26th - Added Kuldiga to the Aerodromes Section. Added
Images to the Liepaja, Ludza and Spilve pages in the Aerodromes section.
Created the section for "Other Aviation-Related Locations" and added Bralu Kapi
and the LAK Headquarters. Created a page for the Gourdou Lesseure B3. Updated
the KOD-1, KOD-2, Sopwith Strutter and VEF I-12 files. Added 18 items to the
- 25th - Added 103 Items to the Chronologies section. Added items
to Clip Art page. Added Image to the Liepaja Aerodrome page.
- 24th - Added names to the "Others" Bio page. Updated V.Malins
file in the Biographies section.
- 23rd - Added Image of Cukurs' C.6 to the Civil Register
page, and two of the "Who are these Guys?" photos are identified!
- 22nd - Added Liepaja to the Aerodromes Section. Added
A.Radomiska, A.Retigs and A.Taube to the Biographies Section.
- 21st - Created Aerodromes Section, and started it with pages
about Spilve, Bauska and Ludza.
- 20th - Added K.Iesalnieks to the Biography section.
- 18th - Added Image to the Nov.11,1931 event in the Losses
& Incidents section. Added names to the "Others" Bio page. Added T.Brakeris
and updates of J.Rieka, P.Griezis and J.Rucels to the Biographies section.
Updated the Latvian entries in the Bibliography page.
- 15th - Added J.Muiznieks, and Added Images to the
A.Skurbe, J.Prieditis and J.Indans pages in the Biographies section.
- 14th - Added Image to the Argalis page, added V.Reimanis,
N.Salna and updated the Rieka page in the Biographies section.
- 13th - Added J.Udentins and A.Vjakse to the Biographies section.
- 12th - Added A.Hvastkovs, J.Putnins and J.Ravins to the
Biographies page. Added sample Deruluft ad to the Deruluft page.
- 11th - Added T.Abrams to the Biographies page. Added Image
to the Nov.4,1935 page in the Losses section.
- 10th - Added names to the "Others" Bio page.
- 9th - Added Image to the June 29, 1927 page in the Losses
- 8th - Added 92 entries to the Chronology pages. Updated the
Aviator biographies of Rucels and Skurbe. Created the "Others" Bio page.
- 7th - Added Aviation Festivals Koknese and Valmiera 1937 to the
Festivals Section. Updated the Ercums page in the Aviators' section.
- 6th - Added Cukurs' flight to Tokyo and the 1936 Goodwill flight
to the Historic Flights section. Activated the Aviation Festivals section, with
events held in Jekabpils, Krimulda, Kuldiga, Rujiena, Skrunda, and Sloka in
1937. Added Image to the Irbitis I-12 page.
- 5th - Added P.Rucelis and P.Sturans to the Aviators page. Added
an item to the Questions page.
- 4th - Added Image to the Gloster Gladiator page. Added
P.Briedis, A.Rutins, P.Sotnieks, N.Strukovs, E.Juergenssens, J.Gailitis,
E.Strauja, J.Kaire, and Z.Landavs to the Aviators page.
- 3rd - Added Image to the June 29, 1920 Incident. Updated
K.Krastins, V.Malins, J.Rieka's and J.Rucel's pages in the Aviators' section.
- 2nd - Added 138 entries to the Chronology pages.
- 1st - Added image to Incident 1920_06_29 and to the Hawker
- August 2004
- 31st - Restructured the History/Chronology section into separate
- 30th - Updated the Savoia S.16 page. Added Images to the
Cukurs flight to Gambia page (Historical Flights).
- 29th - Updated item G004 in the group "Who Are these Guys?" Added
May 6, 1937 to the Events page. Added 36 Images From V.Skirmants'
collection to the ADC, Bulldog, Sopwith Camel, Caudron, DFW, DH9A, Fiat CR.1,
Hannover CL.III, KOD-1, KOD-2, Letov, LVG, Rumpler, Sopwith Strutter, and Udet
- 28th - Added Images of YL-AAB to Civil Register page and
the group "Who Are These Guys?" page. Updated the J.Rieka and K.Blaus Aviators'
pages. Created a page listing 'burning questions'. Created the Events section,
added item for Jan.23, 1937. Updated LKOD-2 page.
- 27th - Added K.Blaus and J.Rucels to the Aviators' page. Added
July 19, 1931 to the Incidents page.
- 26th - Added Chandelle link to Internet Resources, added five new
names to Aviators page.
- 25th - Added A.Sparins and S.Staprans to the Aviators' page.
- 24th - Added Images (from V.Skirmants' Collection) to the
LVG page. Updated the Avro page.
- 23rd - Added Image to the Balilla page. Added the Albatros
- 22nd - Added Image to the Gladiator page. Updated the
Alb.B2, KOD-1 and Letov S.16 pages. Added E.Bitte to the Aviators' page. Added
Aug.26, 1928 event to the Incidents page.
- 21st - Added B.Andersons to the Aviators page. Updated the Camel
and ADC.1 pages. Added Nov.4.1935 item to the Incidents page. Added
Image to the SVA-10 page.
- 20th - Added Image to the Rumpler page. Updated the
Hannover, Alb.B.II, Strutters pages. In the Aviators page, updated K.Lakstigala
and added K.Krastins. Added P.Reinhards to the Constructors' page.
- 19th - Added images A011-A020 to the 'Who Are These Guys?'
section. Created the LVG page.
- 18th - Updated the Bristol Bulldog, AVDI, Gloster Gladiator,
Fokker D.VII and Udet Flamingo files. Added photo and updated the Fairey
- 17th - Updated the Fiat CR.1 and DH9A files. Added images
A001-A010 to the 'Who Are These Guys?' section.
- 16th - Updated the SVA-10, Miles Magister and Balillas pages.
Created the Hawker Hind, Martinsyde Buzzard and Rumpler C1 pages. Added Steve
Perry's model of Strutter #2.
- 15th - Web site goes 'live'